Helsinn is a privately owned pharmaceutical group with an extensive portfolio of marketed cancer care products and a robust drug development pipeline. Since 1976, Helsinn has been improving the everyday lives of patients, guided by core family values of respect, integrity and quality. The Group works across pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices and nutritional supplements and has expertise in research, development, manufacturing and commercialization of therapeutic and supportive care products for cancer, pain and inflammation and gastroenterology.
In 2016, Helsinn created the Helsinn Investment Fund to support early-stage investment opportunities in areas of unmet patient need. The company is headquartered in Lugano, Switzerland, with operating subsidiaries in Switzerland, Ireland, the U.S., Monaco, and China, as well as a product presence in approximately 190 countries globally.
For our Group Project Management & Controlling department in Lugano we are looking for a:
- Lead the assigned cross-functional Projects’ Teams, contributing to the creation and management of the applicable Project Master Plans in collaboration with the Team members
- Contribute in defining and coordinating all Project activities concerning the development of molecules or products till registration in the main territories (US, EU, China) and the implementation of possible Life Cycle Management activities
- Follow the applicable Project Management SOPs
- Contribute to the evaluation of the Team members’ performance
- Manage the tracking of Project timelines (e.g. by means of Gantt Charts)
- Manage the integrated Project cost control system
- Contribute to coordination of periodical Project risks analyses within the Project team
- Act as the spokesperson of the Project, also communicating the most significant deviations in terms of timelines, quality and budget, and suggesting possible corrective actions
- Participate to periodical update meetings on the Projects status as well as to ad-hoc Project’s goal and scope critical review meetings
- Contribute to the preparation of the necessary documentation in case of Due Diligence operated by commercial partners on Helsinn’s projects
The successful candidate has the following qualifications:
- Attitude to leadership and to problem solving: ability in analytical work and in synthesizing information
- Attitude to work in teams: inclination to motivate team members and to develop good interpersonal relationships
- Expertise in drug development
- Previous experience (at least three years) in Project management departments in pharmaceutical companies is preferred. Alternatively, experience in coordinating cross-functional R&D teams dedicated to development of pharmaceutical products is requested
- Scientific degree
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of most common software applications (possibly, including MS Project)
Helsinn Healthcare SA is offering attractive conditions and a pleasant working environment in a highly motivated team.
Please send relevant application with CV to: