FINANCIAL PLANNING & REPORTING MANAGER (permanent contract/full-time job)
Helsinn is a Swiss Biopharmaceutical Group with an innovative R&D pipeline in cancer supportive care and oncology therapeutics, strategically investing in a fully integrated targeted therapy structure to develop, manufacture and commercialize small molecules in precision medicine with higher market potential, thanks to a consolidated track record, a solid revenue stream in B2B and strong cash flow and cash position.
Helsinn is building market differentiation in B2C in the U.S. and China and is owned by a third-generation healthcare entrepreneurial family.
Since 1976, Helsinn has been improving the lives of patients, guided by core family values of respect, integrity and quality and through a unique integrated licensing business model, and by collaborating with success in about 190 countries with long-standing partners, who share our values.
The Group’s pharmaceutical business (Helsinn Healthcare S.A.) is headquartered in Lugano, Switzerland with operating subsidiaries in the U.S. (Helsinn Therapeutics (U.S.), Inc.) and China (Helsinn Pharmaceuticals (Beijing) Co., Ltd) which market the Group’s products directly in these countries. The Group has additional operating subsidiaries in Switzerland (Helsinn Advanced Synthesis S.A., an active pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturer) and Ireland (Helsinn Birex Pharmaceuticals Ltd, a drug product manufacturer).
Helsinn Group plays an active and central role in promoting social transformation in favor of people and the environment. Corporate social responsibility is at the heart of everything we do which is reinforced in the company’s strategic plan by a commitment to sustainable growth.
To learn more about Helsinn Group please visit www.helsinn.com
For our Finance & Administration department in Lugano we are looking for a:
Financial Planning & Reporting Manager (permanent contract/full-time job)
- Lead on reporting, analysis and communication of monthly Financial Statements
- Reports for every Monthly/Quarterly/Semi-annual and Annual FS according to deadlines
- Analyse cost variances versus budget and report to functional managers
- Support the Administration & Accounting Director with ad-hoc financial analyses
- Lead on budgeting and forecasting process
- Supports IT on Implementation and Development of forecasting tools
Statutory and Management Reporting
- Support on the preparation of statutory accounts
- Ensure Management reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure effective communication within the Administration & accounting team to enable clear deliverables
Internal Control System (ICS) and Tax compliance
- Review all internal processes, systems, and policies and implement new accounting and administration policies
- Continuously improving processes and controls, identifying areas of strengths and weaknesses
- Review the responses to internal and external audit management letter / queries to ensure that recommendations are implemented and ensure that all action items are resolved
- Ensure general tax compliance documentation and deadlines
The successful candidate has the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years' working experience in accounting area or Auditing firm (multinational company)
- University degree - preferable Finance & Accounting – Economics, Expert Accountant or similar
- Excellent knowledge of Swiss Accounting Standards
- Budgeting and forecasting experience
- Motivated, ambitious, flexible and adaptable to change
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with strong communication and influencing skills,
- Proactive, organised, precise
- Strong IT skills and orientation to innovation, advanced MS Excel skills and use of accounting tools, experience on ERP systems is a plus
- IFRS (international financial reporting standards) knowledge
- Very Good, Fluent English (written, spoken)
Helsinn Healthcare SA is offering attractive conditions and a pleasant working environment in a highly motivated team.